Install Net Framework 3.5.1 in Windows 8
When you install Windows 8 preview, it comes with .Net Framework 4. To make it backward compatible for installing softwares you need to install Net Framework 3.5.1 in Windows 8. This is quite a task if you don’t know the tricks I am going to discuss below.
Sometimes when you are installing any software you come across such kind of screen. All you have to do is accept the change and Windows 8 will install this framework through internet.
Case#2 : Installing .Net Framework 3.5.1
The above solution is not a permanent fix. You need to add the Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8. There are two methods to do this stuff.
- Adding it through control panel using internet
- Adding it manually through Win 8 ISO/CD/DVD locally
Through Control Panel using Internet
The permanent fix to this problem is as under:-
- Open the control panel >> Turn Windows features on or off.
- Then select Net Framework 3.5.1 feature, now click OK, Windows 8 will install the framework through internet and prompt youw when it will be complete.
You will find this message “Windows successfully completed the request changes” when your framework will be installed.
This method needs an internet connection and it takes time to download about 200 MB of data.
Install Through ISO/CD/DVD of Windows 8 Locally
All you need to do in this type of installation is copy the data related to Net Freamework in a folder to your c drive and then install it through Command prompt.
- First of all create a folder named “freakify”in the C drive in your computer.
- Now press Win+R button to open the run menu and type the below line. Then execute the following command in by pressing enter.
xcopy H:sourcessxs*.* c:freakify /s
- Do take care that H is DVD drive, be patient, it will take sometime to copy all those files.
- After the files are copied press Win + X button and open CMD as an administrator.
- Then write the following line to take care there are spaces in it to solve an issue
Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:c:freakify /LimitAccess
- After the completion you will find the message “The operation completed successfully”